Are you fed up of that dull and lifeless WordPress look to your website? Let’s take a look at what makes a website appealing and see if we can liven up your online piece of real estate!
If you are interested in making real money online that can possibly replace or supplement your income regularly check out our #1 Recommendation HERE
The New Age of Purchasing
It is said that 89% of customers search the web before making a purchasing decision. What that boils down to is a shed-load of potential customers online with a ‘buyer’s mindset’ in place.
Your website is your storefront, your business and a reflection on YOU – can you honestly say it looks the way you would like it to?
It’s all about first impressions – what impressions do you think your site offers potential customers?
Content is King…But!
Yes content is king but if you manage to embed that content in a dull and lifeless website design you will not really witness the type of success you were expecting.
Get this – 94% of first impressions of a website are based on it’s design!
Recent polls show that way over 50% of buyers online admit to judging a company by it’s website – and why not? Credibility should naturally be based on the how the business appears – humans are visual by nature!
So What Makes a Website Appealing?
Below are the most important components of a visually appealing website…
- Color – A lot of articles online will try and convince you that a snazzy look is a good look – not me! I see the best success with a white background as it is easy for the human eye to read off ( Don’t EVER choose a black background – big mistake many webmasters make! ). Colors have a big emotional factor so it’s important to choose colors your visitors/customers will take to
- Font – Don’t go overboard and choose a posh looking font as this can also be tiring on the eyes. Make sure it is a decent size as not all of us have teenager’s quality of sight ( older people will struggle to read smaller text fonts )
- Video – It’s a great idea to include a video on your homepage as videos get significantly higher engagement. There are many open source video editing programs out there these days that will do a grand job ( if used correctly ). Try and base the video on who you are and what you do ( what service you offer and why you should be the first choice in that niche )
- Limited Number of CTA ( Calls to Action ) – I see this happen so, so often these days and it really does make websites seem more like a sales pitch. You don’t want to overwhelm visitors so stop throwing affiliate/sales links in their face. We all need to use these links/banners but try and use them sparingly and at the end of each article/page
- Mobile Friendly – Thankfully a lot of website builders and themes are set up to be mobile friendly these days. With mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets becoming more popular it is important your website takes this into consideration. You want to retain the attention of mobile users as well as the more traditional PC users
- Live Chat – This type of function is geared more towards the brand oriented websites really. It’s a small button that allows your visitors to interact with the service or brand you are offering without taking over the whole page
Do you have any thoughts on what makes a website appealing? We would love to hear about the techniques YOU use on your websites to make them more appealing to visitors. Please leave any suggestions in the comment box below.