The days of building a website and watching the visitors roll in are well and truly over my friends! Successful websites now need to be planned around Keyword Research to have any chance of drawing a decent amount of free visitors from search engines.
In this article we will be looking at the online long tail keyword tool that I use to funnel visitors towards my sites. It took a long time coming but when it arrived Jaaxy really turned my online fortunes around…
Those Two Guys Again!
Jaaxy is the brainchild of Wealthy Affiliate owners Kyle & Carson ( they get everywhere don’t they! ). They had already tackled the lack of options online by creating their own Keyword Tool within the WA Training they provide.
But they wanted to go a step further and offer an online long tail keyword tool that would really break the mold. They wanted a tool that would centralize their research and offer new dimensions to their analysis…
They came up with Jaaxy – simply the most powerful Keyword research tool on the market today!
A Look Inside Jaaxy
In my opinion Jaaxy is the best keyword analysis tool on the market but it does differ from the other options out there. Let’s take a look at the features that make it stand out from the crowd…
1. Keyword Search
This is our ‘bread and butter’ function – it’s where the magic happens! The Keyword Data Jaaxy provides allows us to build priceless Keyword lists which will help us create SEO friendly content for our site(s).
To show you how this VERY important feature works I will do a test run using the term “Door Handles” so that you can judge the effectiveness yourself:
The screenshot above shows the first few results for the search term “Door Handles”. As you can see we are given a lot of parameters for each search term provided:
- Monthly Searches ( AVG ) – Reveals how many people are using this search term on a monthly basis. We obviously want this number to be as high as possible!
- Estimated Traffic – This parameter provides you with the amount of traffic your site will receive if you rank on page one of Google ( within the first 10 results ). Again, the higher the number the better.
- Quoted Search Result ( QSR ) – This is the exact amount of competition you can expect to face if you choose to use this keyword. It shows you how many other people have had the same idea as you and are already targeting this keyword. We are looking for low numbers with this parameter – Under 300 is a medium-competition keyword. Under 200 is a low competition keyword.
- Keyword Quality Indicator ( KQI ) – This quality indicator takes all the keyword factors related to the keyword into account and then provides you with advice on whether to use it or not ( VERY handy tool ). It’s set up like a simple traffic light system – Green = good keyword choice, Amber = a pretty average keyword choice, Red = stay well away from this keyword.
- SEO Power – This function shows you how well an article containing this keyword would do within search engine results. This is rated from 1 to 100 ( the higher the number the better ).
- Domain Availability – This is a handy little function if you are into flipping domains for money. It basically shows you what domain choices are available for this keyword.
At the bottom of the Keyword Data screen there is also a Save Selected button which allows you to save individual keywords to a specific keyword list. The right side of the screen offers up some Related Keywords to give you a few new ideas.
Now let’s take a slightly more detailed look at the “Door Handles” search we did above:
I’ve only included the first 10 results of the query above but you can already see there are a handful of ‘beauties’ there…
- pella patio door handles
- vintage door handles
- amazon door handles
I picked these three due to the fact they had the lowest competition ( QSR ) out of the top 10 results. They all receive a decent amount of traffic and they all have the green light.
They all provide an SEO in the 90’s which means they would work perfectly in an article you are aiming to rank on the first page of Google’s results!
2. Site Rank
This function is one of the main reasons Jaaxy is the best keyword analysis tool on the market. When I first signed up for an account I spent hours checking where my pages were ranking within the search engine’s results.
Of course I’ve had to lay off this function a little now but it’s still damn addictive!
Simply enter your page URL along with the keyword you are wanting to rank that page with and see where you are placed in Google’s search results.
Every page search you make is stored within this section so you can keep popping back day after day to see the rise ( or fall! ) of your page’s ranking.
Find out what keywords have worked and what keywords are failing – a VERY handy tool to have included in this package!
3. Search Analysis – Spy on Your Competition
This awesome function gives you some insight into what makes your competition tick. Find out why the sites on the first page are continuously outranking you and follow their lead…
Out of the provided metrics above I usually take most note of:
- Word Count
- Amount of Backlinks
- Alexa Ranking
Word Count – Allows you to gauge what sort of length is rank appropriate by looking at your competitors word count.
Backlinks – These don’t hold as much clout as they used to in Google’s ranking algorithm but they do count for something. Some sites have tens of thousands of decent backlinks to their pages making them difficult to outrank ( but NOT impossible to outrank! )
Alexa Ranking – Alexa is one of the leading internet statistics engines and it covers billions of webpages. It’s ranking system basically indicates how popular your site is ( the lower the Alexa number the more popular your site is deemed to be ). This is a very handy metric to know when you are deciding whether it is possible to break into the first page rankings with a particular keyword.
These three functions above are what I would consider the most powerful Jaaxy has to offer but there is a lot more involved with this Keyword Tool. To find out more about them simply sign up for free here
The Good & The Bad
- Jaaxy is an online tool which means there is no software to download or install
- Provides the option to locate Affiliate Programs for a specific keyword phrase
- Offers a FREE trial membership
- Amazing QSR function that accurately narrows down the competition
- You can access the tool from anywhere there’s an internet connection
- Includes training and detailed explanation of keyword results
- Fantastic tool for niche research
- Makes use of data from all the search engines
- There is a Jaaxy affiliate program
- Easy to use
- The full versions may be a little pricey for newcomers to internet marketing
- Search results sometimes take a minute or two to come through
How Much is This Gonna Cost Me?
Luckily for both of us, Jaaxy is an extremely affordable and even has a free trial version. Now this trial version allows you to have 30 free searches and I would advise taking this offer up first.
I used my 30 free searches over the period of three weeks and every search offered me a handful of killer keywords I used for site content. It’s a win-win situation really – just sign up for a free account, use the thirty free searches to build a few keyword lists and then leave if you want ( there’s no credit card required to sign up! ).
The table below shows the membership levels available to you:
I currently have a Pro membership and I it gives me MORE power than I actually need. I hear the Enterprise Membership does offer a few more ‘bells and whistles’ but most marketers find the Pro membership more than adequate!
My Final Take on Jaaxy
I have only scratched the surface when it comes to listing all the features that Jaaxy has to offer – I could write a book on the subject if I had time 🙂
As I mentioned above it makes good sense to use the free trial before you make any sort of decision on the membership plan you are going to choose.
It’s a fantastic tool that is also capable of performing additional tasks and getting extra information. This a tool that can save you a great deal of valuable time, is easy to use with accurate results…
Ready to start your own personal research through Jaaxy? Simply type in a suggestion to the Keyword Research box below and see where it takes you!