Ahhhh YouTube…the place to go to watch skateboards fall and hurt themselves and funny cats. But have you ever considered making money off YouTube videos?
Those videos that make you laugh out loud could well be making the guy who posted them a LOT of money!
In this article we will be looking at the ways YOU can make money by simply making and posting videos – sounds like the perfect job right?
If you are serious about making real money online, we are able to point you in the right direction. Take a look at our #1 recommendation and start building your FREE online business today.
Show Me The Money!
This all sounds pretty cool so far but how much can you actually make from this process?
Well the sky’s the limit really!
A few months back now I came across a news article covering a young lad named Fred Pye. Now Fred hit it big time by doing nothing more than creating video game walk-throughs for Grand Theft Auto.
Seriously – Grand Theft Auto!!!!
Do you wanna know how much our young friend makes through these simple game tutorials….£24,000 a year!
Now that’s what I’m talking about!!!
But it isn’t gonna be that easy for everyone – you need to find something that interests you and something you’re pretty sure is going to interest other people. You then have to stick at it and get as much content ( video ) out there as possible.
The Rule of Thumb
I’ve searched high and low for an estimation on what sort of reward you can expect from YouTube Videos and this is what I’ve drilled it down to…
1000 views = approximately $1.50
So you see, it’s not quite as easy as you thought it was going to be.
To make decent money out of this system means that you are going to have to hit about a million views on as many of your videos as possible.
Where is This Money Coming From?
Well by now you’ve probably all heard of Google Adsense – if you run a blog you are probably already using this service on it!
This is the main technique people use when making money off YouTube videos.
Google Adsense allows you to simply monetize your videos with their adverts. I’m sure you’ve noticed an increase in the amount of YouTube videos displaying those irritating little adverts at the bottom of the viewer right?
But it’s not quite as simple as it sounds ( nothing ever is! ). You must build up your channel and gain some subscribers and engagement before YouTube will coming knocking with the Adsense offer.
You will receive an email out of the blue with an offer to use this form of advertising on your videos. The basic gist of this is advertisers pay Google to advertise on your videos and you’ll get a cut of the profit.
Tips For Making Money off YouTube Videos
So let’s take a look at a few of the necessities needed to make this gig work…
- Video Editing Software – There’s not much point going out and blowing $$$ on this type of software as most of the Freeware out there is more than powerful enough.
- Camera – Yeah this is pretty much a given right?
- A Familiar Niche or Genre – Please don’t choose a genre you feel is profitable if you have no interest in it, it won’t work! Doing this type of thing is a heck of a lot easier if you enjoy the subject you are covering. As I mentioned above, video game walk-throughs are extremely popular but you are not the first one to have thought about this – competition will be high!
- Name & Brand Yourself – Try and find a cool and memorable name that won’t offend to many people ( I recently came across one username with Hitler in it – NOT COOL! ).
- Keywords in Titles – Most successful videos on YouTube are created by internet marketers. Why? Well they know how to use keywords. Find your self a reliable keyword research tool and find some low competition, high traffic keywords. You will need these keywords as a basis for your title – a good keyword enriched title will drive Millions of people your way!
- Don’t Take You Foot off The Pedal – Your activities on your channel must be regular to keep people coming back. Don’t sit back and think money will just fall in your lap – that never happens!
- The Ability to Stand Out From The Crowd – It really doesn’t matter what niche you pick, you always need to be the guy that stands out from the crowd. If there is a lot of competition for the subject matter you are covering strive to be better than the rest!
Nobody Likes a CHEAT!!!
My final point here today is to highlight that there is no real way to cheat the system here – no matter what you read online!
DO NOT purchase Likes, Shares, Views or Subscribers – you’ll get found out in the long run. Once you’re out you won’t EVER be allowed back in!
Build up your channel naturally and put a bit of TLC into your videos – if you enjoy what you’re doing it will show in your work. There are a lot of people making money off YouTube videos…so why don’t you?