How to Sell Your Used Clothing Online

How to Sell Your Used Clothing Online

The market for second-hand goods is enormous, and fashionistas world-over are utilizing this new avenue to their advantage.

If you are a hoarder, chances are you have multifarious dresses that you have never worn or worn only once. Those little things feel neglected, they can find new lovers, if you help them.

Fashion-lovers always have their eyes on something new – you have been eyeing that Tory Burch tote for a while now, right? And, you have also always wanted to own a pair of Louboutins.

Their ridiculously high price-tag keeps you from buying them, but sadly, it doesn’t stop you from craving for them.

These days, the market for pre-owned things is making the dreams of many fashionistas come true. You can make easy but important money by selling your clothes, bags, accessories, and shoes online.

Not only will this exercise clean your closet, it will give you ample money to indulge the fashionista in you. And, no, the second-hand goods market is not running only on luxury goods.

There is space for all kinds of things – from high street to high fashion, everything sells.

The question is: How to sell your used clothing online?

If you are interested in making real money online that can possibly replace or supplement your income regularly check out our #1 Recommendation HERE

Selling Your Clothes Online

There are many websites that sell second-hand goods. Register with one of these, and begin with your closet cleansing and binge shopping.

For your ease, we have created a list of some of the best pre-owned goods’ websites out there. Read on:

1. Poshmark: For a website that began operations in 2011, Poshmark has developed an impressive following. The app has an active community of over 700,000 sellers and above 1 million shoppers today.

It’s easy to use. All one has to do is upload pictures of the item they want to sell and Poshmark will send you a box to keep your dress in and send back.


As easy as that! The best part is that Poshmark charges only a nominal fee of 20%, leaving you to claim 80% of your item’s selling price.

2. Twice: If you are a lazy bum who does not like photography, Twice is your best bet. Twice will photograph and post pictures of your clothes for you.


All you have to do is send the things you wish to sell to Twice, and they will take care of the rest. There’s another good thing about Twice: it has a dedicated Men’s section.

Women thought they were the best kind of fashion lovers, but men are giving them tough competition online.

3. works on a similar but slightly different structure – you can either sell your goods on you own, or entrust to do your job for you.

The company will share only 60% of the selling price with you if you ask them to sell your product for you, but they will do a professional photo shoot of your clothes.

If you choose to become the seller, you can earn up to 80% of the selling price.

(Update: Since writing this article Threadflip has actually decided to shop down it’s online business – great timing eh?)

4. Tradesy: They are not fussy about the things you sell, they are only fussy about the quality of things you sell. They only sell things that are still in good condition.

The best part about Tradesy is they charge a very low 9% commission fee. They also allow you to set the price of your item.


If you are clueless about what price you want to charge, they will make a suggestion. Once you have made a sale, they will send you a prepaid shipping bag to ship your product.

They also accept returns, a feature that not many other websites offer.

5. ThredUP: This will be your most valuable discovery if you are a mother. Kids grow fast, and that means having to deal with a bundle of clothes that do not fit anymore.


ThredUP began as a website for pre-loved clothes for kids. However, it recently expanded its business to include women’s clothes and accessories.

With this website, you will be able to earn up to 70% of the original retail price. Not at all a bad deal.

Selling Used Clothes Online

What we have provided here is a condensed list. There are many more websites like these. Frankly speaking, you can easily make a fortune out of all those clothes that you never wear.

How to sell your used clothing online? Just register with one of these incredible websites, and start selling!

Chances are if you’re on this blog, you’re looking for income you can sustain for the long haul. If this is the case, check out our number one recommendation HERE

One thought on “How to Sell Your Used Clothing Online

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *